- Response to crisis hotline calls with clear, effective communication
- Trauma-informed, client-centered support to clients living in the shelter that includes safety planning, referrals, and wellness programming
- Completion of intakes on new clients entering shelter and routine case documentation
- Monitoring of safety and security of the facility
- Light cleaning and meal preparation.
Qualified candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays. Computer competence with MS Word, email, and other basic platforms required. Education and experience in social services a plus. Safe Passage offers a supportive and positive work environment, competitive wages, healthcare benefits and generous paid time off.
Please email resume, references and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com